Learn how to get different QuickBooks Desktop tools to help fix problems and errors.
We know things can break sometimes. But we’re here to help. Get the most recent version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub (Version 188.8.131.52.). This is where you can get tools we have to help fix QuickBooks Desktop issues. Follow these steps to help fix these errors and issues:
- Company file issues
- Install issues or errors
- Networking errors
- PDF and printing errors
- QuickBooks crashing
Step 1: Download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub
The QuickBooks Tool Hub helps fix common errors. For the best experience, we recommend using Tool Hub on Windows 10, 64-bit.
- Close QuickBooks.
- We recommend you download the most recent version (184.108.40.206) of the QuickBooks Tool Hub. Save the file somewhere you can easily find it (like your Downloads folder or your Windows desktop). Note: If you've already installed Tool Hub before, you can find out which version you have. Select the Home tab. The version will be displayed on the bottom right or you can select About to view the version.
- Open the file you downloaded (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- Follow the on-screen steps to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- When the install finishes, double-click the icon on your Windows desktop to open the tool hub.
Note: If you can't find the icon, do a search in Windows for QuickBooks Tool Hub and select the app.
Step 2: Use the tools in the QuickBooks Tool Hub
The hub is a launchpad for the tools you’ll use to fix your issue. Each tab has a set of tools to address different types of problems:
- Select Company File Issues if you have an error message when you open your company file or have missing or blank lists. This will open the Quick Fix my file and the QuickBooks File Doctor tool. If you need more help, select File Dr Help on the company file tab.
- Select Network Issues if you have problems with your network or your computers over a network like error H202. You must be on your server computer.
- Select Program Problems if you notice performance issues, problems when you open the program, Error 6123 and program crashing/stopped working. We recommend using the Quick Fix my Program first. You can also use this section to resolve common PDF and print related issues.
- Select Installation Issues if you have a problem when you install or uninstall QuickBooks Desktop. You can also resolve 3371 errors.
- Select Password Reset if you need to reset your password.
- Select Help & Support to contact us or manage your Intuit account. You can also provide feedback on any of our tools.
- Select Advanced Tools for common Windows shortcuts used to help troubleshoot common QuickBooks errors.
Note: If you need to install a tool from the Tool Hub, it will automatically download it in the background. It can take 2-3 minutes to complete. Please be patient because if you close out of the install, the tool may not run.