Find out what to do when your payment for QuickBooks Online subscription fails.
You receive “My subscription payment failed” because we can’t charge the billing account you set up for your subscription. Here are some reasons why:
- The card is over the limit.
- The card has expired.
- The account number is invalid.
- The card has been listed as lost or stolen.
- The card-issuing bank won’t authorise the card electronically.
- The card was declined, with no other information provided by the processor.
To continue using your company, you need to update your billing info. To do this:
- At the toolbar on the upper right, select the Gear icon.
- Under Your Company, select Account & Settings.
- Go to the Billing & Subscriptions tab.
- Next to your payment method, select the edit (pencil) icon.
- Under Payment method, select Edit.
- Enter your new billing info.
- Select Save. Note: It might take up to 24 hours to reactivate your account.