QuickBooks Self-Employed helps you track your vehicle information so you'll have it ready when it comes to annual tax time.
- Go to Miles from the left menu.
- Select the Add Trip dropdown, then select Edit vehicle.
- Edit the vehicle info, then select Save.
The Miles page
Track the miles you drive for business with both the web and mobile app. You can't edit the mileage on these particular trips.
- Select Miles from the left menu.
- Select Add trip. Note: If this is your first trip, we'll ask you to complete the fields in the Vehicle info drawer first.
- Enter the trip date.
- Enter the start address, end address, then select Add.
- Enter the distance in miles and the Trip purpose.
- Select Save.
Add a trip in the web version:
To do either task:
- Select Reports on the left menu.
- Select the tax year beside Mileage log.
- Select the View dropdown.
- Select Download or Email.
For a download: Open (or import) the QBSE_Miles.csv file in your Downloads folder.
- Enter Your email address and the Recipient's email address.
- Enter a Subject and Message.
- Select Send summary.