HMRC allows you to claim mileage or expenses for business use of your car. You can add your vehicle information to the app. We help keep track of that info so that at annual tax time, you'll have it ready to hand over to HMRC or your tax pro.
To add a vehicle:
- Go to the Miles page.
- Click the dropdown menu beside Add trip in the upper right and click Add vehicle.
- Select your vehicle type.
- Enter the total miles you drove from April 6 up to the present date (either by odometer or by entering total miles driven).
You can enter a nickname to your vehicle for your reference. You can add a maximum of three vehicles.
The Miles page
We help you track miles you drive for your business.
- You will need to enter business trips manually.
- To view your added trips from a specific vehicle, click the dropdown list at the top of the table and select the vehicle name and tax year.
To add a trip:
- Click Miles on the left navigation menu.
- Click Add trip in the upper right. (If this is your first trip, we'll ask you to complete the Vehicle info drawer first.)
- Enter the date of the trip.
- Enter a description for the trip. The description should include the business purpose.
- Select the vehicle type used for the trip.
- Enter the distance driven (mi).
- Click Save.
You can download your mileage as a CSV file. CSV is a universal file format that can be easily formatted or imported into other apps.
- On the Miles page, select the tax year you're interested in the Timeline dropdown list at the top of the table.
- Then, click the download icon.
- Open (or import) the QBSE_Miles.csv file in your Downloads folder.