Learn how to record or enter a bill in QuickBooks Desktop.
In QuickBooks, you can record transactions that you need to pay at a future date, including expenses incurred, materials purchased, or services provided by a supplier. This way, you can keep track of all your accounts payables and know what or when a bill needs to be paid.
- Go to the Suppliers menu, then select Enter Bills.
- Select a supplier from the dropdown, then fill out the required fields:
- Date - The date you received the bill.
- Amount - The total amount of the bill.
- Due date - The due date of the bill.
- Select the type of bill you want to record:
Note: For more details on how to record a bill against stock, check our guide for Windows or Mac.
- Expenses - Record a bill for expenses incurred by the business such as phone service, rent, and utilities.
- Items - Record a bill for anything that your company buys, sells, or resells in the course of business such as products, shipping and handling charges, and discounts.
- Select Save to record the bill.
Note: You can also record a supplier refund or credit in QuickBooks.