You can see all previous filings from the Payroll Tax Centre.
To see your filings
- Go to Taxes.
- Select Payroll Tax.
- All your previous filings are under Filed Forms. Each card shows the name of the form, the pay period it was sent, the status of the filing and the date it was submitted.
- If you have filings that need to be sent, they will be under Due Now with a Status of Overdue. Otherwise, you’ll see the message “All caught up! You don’t have any filings due right now”.
- Each filing that appears on the Taxes screen will have messaging to explain why the filing is required.
Can I see what has been been sent to HMRC?
- Yes, you can click the filing you wish to view and click Review
- You can copy the XML by clicking Copy Text at the bottom and pasting into a word document or notepad.
What if my filing has been rejected?
- If your filing has been rejected, it will be under Due Now.
- If the filing Status is Rejected, you need to try to submit the file again. The most common reason for rejection is that the Government Gateway credentials are incorrect. Check that you have entered the correct user ID and password. See Turn on RTI reporting to HMRC in QuickBooks Online Standard Payroll.