The Employer Liability Categories is used to define the various employer liability categories used by your business.
To add a new employer liability category:
- Go to Payroll settings, Employer Liability Categories.
- Click Add.
- Give the category a name.
- [Optional] Assign an external ID to the category.
- Hide from payslips - Select this option if you do not wish to allow employees to see the value of this employee liability within a pay run on their payslip.
- Show total payments in payslips - Select this option if you wish to allow employees to see their total cumulative payments for this liability category on their payslip.
- Include in shift cost calculations - Using pay condition rule sets, employer liabilities can optionally be included in shift costing calculations. Select this option if this liability should form part of the cost of a shift.
To edit an existing liability category, click on its name in the list of liability categories.
To delete an existing liability category, click the red X on the right. Please note that you cannot delete a liability category that is currently in use.