Managers can submit timesheets on behalf of employees who are enabled to use timesheets. This is accessible by clicking on Manage Employees, Create Timesheets tab on the payroll dashboard.
Doing so will show the several controls to enable you to select the employee and date range for the timesheets.
From here you need to:
- (Optionally) adjust the week (or fortnight) for which the timesheets are to be entered. You are able to click on the left or right arrows to jump by weeks, alternatively you can click the calendar icon to choose your dates that way.
- Select your employee (drop down box). The timesheet grid will then be presented.
- Select the employee's Worktype. If Work Type is not specified, the hours recorded will be assigned to the default pay category for the employee when the timesheets are imported into a pay run.
- Choose start and end time. When entering start and end times, you can simply type 9a and it will recognise it as 9:00am. Similarly, for example, 530p will be recognised as 5:30pm.
- The "Duration" field will confirm to you how many hours have been entered on behalf of the employee.
- Enter the break start/stop times for the employee (if any).
- Choose from the list of locations that have been preselected for the employee. If Location is not specified, the hours recorded will be assigned to the default location for the employee when the timesheets are imported into a pay run.
- To clear the timesheet line, click the red x on the right hand side of the line. (Note: approved/processed/rejected timesheets are unable to be edited or cleared.)
- Only relevant rows need to be filled out. If the employee did not work on particular days, those lines may be left blank.
- Once all required changes have been made, click Save.
NOTE: If the user has Approve Timesheets permission, the Save button will have an additional option to 'Save and approve' by clicking the arrow to the right of the button.