Refer to these troubleshooting steps if you print P60's and the data do not properly align. A recently upgraded QuickBooks version may revert printer settings back to its default.
Important: HMRC stationery is the only compatible stationery with QuickBooks Desktop.
To resolve this, you need to adjust your printer settings.
- Open QuickBooks.
- Go to the File menu and choose Printer Setup.
- Select the Form Name drop-down arrow and choose P60.
- Select the Printer Type drop-down arrow and choose the correct stationery.
- Select the Options button to the right of the printer name.
- Check that paper size is A4.
- Select OK to return to Printer Setup window.
- In the Style section, select either:
- HM Revenue & Customs / Intuit Preprinted forms (P14/P60s) or;
- Laser Mailer P60 (self sealing)
- Select OK.
- Do a test print.
If the form is still out of alignment, open the Printer setup window again (see steps 1 to 3 above).
- On the right of the Printer Setup window, select Align.
- Click the Vertical Up/Down arrows and/or the Horizontal Left/Right arrows accordingly or key in the values manually. Select OK to return to Printer Setup.
- Select OK.
- Do another test print and adjust the alignment further if required.