When you download the QuickBooks Time mobile app, you will be asked to grant certain permissions. As with all apps, in order to work, the QuickBooks Time app needs access to some of your mobile device's functions. Be assured that no one at QuickBooks Time, at any point, can access your personal information. Here is a list of QuickBooks Time access requests and why they are needed:
- Identity: For QuickBooks Time to send reminders and notifications, the app needs to verify who's using the phone.
- Location: This information is needed for GPS tracking to function (but only when you're clocked in).
- Phone: This information is needed so that, on the sign-in screen, you can tap the Need help? phone number to contact QuickBooks Time Support.
- Photos/Media/Files:This is the generic label for access to any one of these three items. QuickBooks Time only accesses your media storage device to store the local database and debug logs on your phone.
- Wi-Fi connection information: This information is used to detect whether or not you are in wifi range. When in range, QuickBooks Time uses that connection to reduce battery and data plan use.
- Camera: This makes it possible for you to upload and change your QuickBooks Time profile picture.