- GPS points can be pulled when you clock in and clock out as well as opening the app, switching job codes, and while on the clock.
- A point can also be force pulled while on the clock by going to Time Clock > Location > Touch to View map > tap the location marker in the top right corner.
- If you use QuickBooks Time Touch, ensure you leave it open and active on your device for points to pull.
- GPS points are NOT stored when on a break, clocked out, or signed out of the app.
- If geofencing is enabled on your QuickBooks Time account, we may read your GPS data, but no location information is ever stored or recorded until you clock in.
- You may be required to enable location services on your device before you can clock in. If not it’s not required, you can opt-in or out of location tracking:
- In the mobile app > tap your profile icon (top left) > Settings > switch Track location while clocked in on/off
- Remote clock-ins: If a manager clocks you in remotely, your location information will not be shared until you confirm the shift. You will be notified in your QuickBooks Time app and can Confirm or Reject the clock in there.
- If you Confirm the shift, your location data for the duration of the time you are clocked in will be shared (as if you had clocked in yourself).
- If you Reject the shift, the app deletes the timesheet and any locations associated with it. No GPS points are shared.
- If you don't see the notification before you are clocked out by the manager, the timesheet will remain but no locations are saved or shared.
Concerns and troubleshooting
Remember: No data is stored outside of your personal mobile device when you are clocked out or on a break. Location data is only recorded when you are on the clock.