Learn how to use GPS tracking in QuickBooks Time if you’re an administrator or manager. Also, learn about some common troubleshooting techniques.
- GPS tracking only works if team members are clocking in via the QuickBooks Time mobile app.
- GPS points can be pulled at clock in and clock out, opening the app, switching job codes, and while on the clock.
- A team member can force pull a GPS point while on the clock by going to Time Clock > Location > tap the map > tap the location marker in the top right corner (an admin cannot do this on behalf of a team member).
- QuickBooks Time Touch users must leave QuickBooks Time Touch active on their screen for points to be captured (when an action is performed such as clock in/out, notes entry, field selection, and so on).
- GPS points are NOT pulled when on a break, clocked out, or signed out of the app.
- Various environmental factors can prevent the satellite from acquiring a GPS point.
- Points are not pulled if the phone is powered off, or the application is force closed.