Learn how to give primary admin rights to another team member in QuickBooks Online Accountant.
Team members with the primary admin rights can do admin tasks, like giving permissions. If someone else at your firm needs to do this work, make them the primary admin. Here's how to transfer the role from one team member to another.
Or, follow these steps if you need to give your client the primary admin role for their company file.
Transfer the primary admin role
- Sign in to QuickBooks Online Accountant as the current primary admin.
- Give the team member you want to make the primary admin has full access permissions.
- Go to the Team menu.
- Find the user with Primary Admin access and select Edit.
- Select the Firm Administration and Books tab.
- Select Transfer Primary Admin.
- From the dropdown, select the team member you want to make the primary admin. Then select Send invitation.
Ask your team member to open the email and follow the steps to accept the primary admin role.