QuickBooks Online Advanced Payroll offers a seamless transition between tax years, allowing you to focus on what matters most to your business.
Before you run your final payrun
- Ensure business information is up to date
- Ensure employee information is up to date
Your final payrun
- In Advanced Payroll, select New pay run.
- Once the data has been entered and validated, select Finalise pay run.
- On the next screen select the date you pay your employees.
- Choose whether to submit your FPS with HMRC now, or at a later date.
- Select This is the final pay run for the tax year.
If you chose to submit your FPS at a later date follow these steps:
- In Advanced Payroll, select Pay Runs.
- Select the desired pay run.
- Select Submit to HMRC.
Please note: the deadline for the final submission is 19th of April 2020. Please ensure that you have submitted your FPS before this date.
After your final payrun
The only task left is to issue P60 certificates to your employees by 31st of May 2020.
Only employees who are employed by your business on the 5th of April require a P60, any employees who left before this date should be issued a P45.