Learn how and why Intuit generates a 1099-K form.
When you process at least 200 card transactions and $20,000 in gross sales during the previous calendar year, we generate and mail a 1099-K form on or before January 31.
Where to download
- Sign in to the Online Service Center.
- From the Activity & Reports menu, select Download Form 1099-K.
- Click Download.
Credits/refunds/reversals recorded on your 1099-K form should not affect previously reported gross sales. Intuit creates the Form 1099-K as per instructions by the IRS and reports the amount of gross sales before any adjustments.
- Gross amount refers to the total dollar amount of all reportable payment transactions, without regard to any adjustments for credits, cash equivalents, discount amounts, fees, refunded amounts, or any other amounts. For more information see IRS instructions for 1099-K. Consult your Tax Professional or IRS for the best way to report adjustments.
Changes to your Business Name or Tax information for the current tax year can be made up to March 31 of each calendar year. See Change business, bank account, or contact information in the Merchant Service Center for detailed steps.
- Note that Intuit is unable to make any changes to your 1099-K after March 31.
- The updated form is available for download in the Online Service Center. If you don't have access to the Online Service Center call Customer Care at (800) 558 9558.
Important: If you received a 1099-K and did not open a QuickBooks Payments account or have not processed card transactions you may be the victim of identity theft. If you believe you have received a 1099-K in error and may be the victim of identity theft, please send us an email at 1099_risk@Intuit.com. We will reply to your email with detailed instructions.
State 1099-K information
These nine states have lower 1099-K threshold limits different from the Federal requirements. We will produce 1099-K if you conduct business in these nine states.
|IL||4 CC Trans + $1,000.00||2020|