This article describes how to create 1099 summary and detail reports.
Reports relating to 1099 forms are located under the Vendor and Payables sub-menu on the Reports menu. These reports can be very helpful in troubleshooting why 1099's are not produced as expected. The reports available are:
- 1099 Summary (which shows a vendor by vendor total), and
- 1099 Detail (which shows individual transactions subtotaled by vendor).
You can create 1099 summary and detail reports.
You have an active, up-to-date version of QuickBooks Desktop. Also, you have a created a 1099 vendor and paid the vendor in QuickBooks Desktop.
To create a 1099 report:
- Click on Reports on the top menu bar.
- Select Vendors and Payables.
- Select either 1099 Summary or 1099 Detail.
Note: Reports will default to the Last Calendar Year, so be sure the report is set up for the correct date range next to Dates at the top of the report.
If the 1099 Summary or 1099 Detail reports do not appear, you may not have activated the 1099 feature in QuickBooks Desktop.
To activate the 1099 feature:
- Choose Edit > Preferences.
- Click Tax: 1099 on the left.
- Click the Company Preference tab.
- Next to Do you file 1099-MISC forms? select Yes.
- Click OK to save the preference.