Learn how to make forms 1099-MISC in QuickBooks Online and file them with the IRS.
QuickBooks Online has a great time-saving feature that prepares 1099s for you. You can e-file or mail them to the IRS when you’re done.
Not sure if you need to file 1099s? Check out our 1099s overview to find out.
Prepare your 1099s
- From the Expenses menu, select Vendors.
- Select Prepare 1099s.
- Select Let's get started or Continue your 1099s.
- Follow the steps to prepare 1099s.
File your 1099s
Choose the way that works best for you.
E-file using the 1099 E-file Service
- When you're done preparing your 1099s, select Go to 1099 E-File Service.
- Follow the steps to sign up, and we'll show you how to file the forms online.
Print and mail 1099s
- When you're done preparing your 1099s, select Print and mail.
- Follow the steps to print your forms.
Tip: You need to send the IRS pre-printed paper forms. Buy forms 1099 and 1096.
Filing your 1099s can be tricky, but we're here to make it easier. Read 1099 FAQ for answers to common questions.