Learn how to print and mail your 1099-MISC forms in QuickBooks Online.
To print and mail your 1099 forms:
- Purchase your 1099 Kit by mid-January so you can print and mail in time for IRS filing and contractor delivery deadlines (postmark January 31).
- Prepare your 1099s in QuickBooks.
- When complete, choose the Print and mail option.
- Check if the forms align properly by selecting Print sample on blank paper. If it doesn't look good, close the page and proceed to step 5. If it looks good, select Print then Print again.
- If the alignment is not correct, choose No, it doesn't line up.
- Align the form using the Horizontal and Vertical field. Once done, choose Print another sample on blank paper.
- Choose Print, then Print again.
- Mail copies to your contractors by the IRS delivery deadline.
|Good to know