Let’s go over the difference between the two versions and help you switch from there.
QuickBooks Online has no direct option to change your subscription into QuickBooks Self Employed. QuickBooks Self-Employed (QBSE) supports self-employed individuals in tracking their business-related transactions. While QuickBooks Online (QBO) is a small business accounting software that helps manage sales and expenses and keep track of daily transactions.
We recommend you to export or print your data before you cancel your subscription. Anyhow, you can still cancel your QBO account and subscribe to QBSE. Below are the steps:
Cancel (QBO) Subscription:
1. Sign in to QuickBooks Online as an admin user.
2. Go the Gear icon and select Accounts and Settings.
3. Select the Billing & Subscription.
4. In the QuickBooks section, select Cancel.
Sign-In to QBSE:
1. Go to www.quickbooks.intuit.com/self-employed/.
2. Click Buy Now.
3. Fill in all the information, such as the Email Address, Firstname, Lastname, Phone and your unique password.
4. Click Sign-up.
Sorry, QBSE is such a primitive/basic program that you cannot downgrade from one of the others. It doesn't even have a chart of accounts, it's more of an online spreadsheet to assist you in filing your taxes.
You'd have to cancel your current subscription after downloading all available reports (have your accountant sign in to get all available) and then use the information to start the QBSE subscription.