Connect with and learn from others in the QuickBooks Community.
I am switching from the online product to Desktop Pro. How do I import my online company file to the desktop version.
I'm glad to inform you that you can export your data from QB online to QB desktop. Before exporting, consider reading this article about the export limitations: Limitations when you convert from QuickBooks Online to QuickBooks Desktop.
Once you decided to continue exporting the data, follow the steps below:
1. Go to the Gear icon, under Tools column select Export Data.
2. Select a radio button of your Export Reason then Continue.
3. Click on Learn more.
4. Select Install ActiveX Control Now and follow the steps to install ActiveX. When it's finished, select Continue.
5. Select the data you want to export and then select Continue.
6. Enter your contact info and then Continue.
Once done, you'll get an email when your data is ready to export. This usually takes a few minutes, but it may take up to 2 hours for companies with many transactions.
You may also want to know how to export data from desktop to online feel free to read this article: Converting from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online.
Let me know if you have additional questions, I'm always willing to answer.