Connect with and learn from others in the QuickBooks Community.
Hi there, BJZS.
Thanks for contacting the Community for support. I'd be glad to provide some information on your question about reports for total amounts paid by customers.
One option you may want to try out is the Income by Customer Summary Report. You can access this report by:
1. Clicking the Reports tab in the left navigation bar.
2. Type Income by Customer Summary in the search bar.
3. Enter the dates you'd like to pull data for.
4. Click Run report.
You can also customize this income report for individual customers by:
1. Selecting the Customize button in the top right corner of the report page.
2. Click the Filter drop-down.
3. Put a check in the box for Customer and the choose the desired customer from the list.
This article offers more information on customizing customer reports: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Reports-and-accounting/Customize-customer-job-and-sales-repo....
With this information, you'll be able to generate reports that show amounts your customers have paid. Keep up the great work and please let me know if you have any other questions.
Is there a way to sort this report by earnings instead of alphabetically by customers? Or an alternative report to keep track of top earners?
Yes, there's definitely a way to sort this report, Alert Six.
From the Income by Customer Summary report, click the drop-down arrow beside the Sort option. The sort options are as follows:
Aside from his report, you can also run the Sales by Customer Summary report and filter it to show the total.
I've added a screenshot too.
I'm right here if you have any other questions.