'm trying to delete a transaction and they system is asking me for a password. When I enter my password I use to log in that does not work. Help!
Hi there, bracy.
I'm here to help you get the right password to enter so you can successfully delete transactions.
The system will ask you to enter a password when deleting transactions if the books are already closed. I suggest using the closing date password, not the one you used when logging into your QuickBooks account.
If you don't know the closing date password, I recommend resetting it so you can enter a new one. Make sure you're the master or company admin in your QBO account.
2. Click the Gear icon at the left panel and choose Accounts and Settings.
3. Go to Advanced tab.
4. Choose the pencil icon in the Accounting section.
5. Put a checkmark in the Close the books box.
6. Change the closing date.
7. Choose Allow changes after viewing a warning and entering password from the drop-down arrow.
7. Enter a new password and confirm it to change your password.
8. Hit the Save and close button.
Once done, you can start deleting transactions and enter the new password.
For additional information in resetting the closing date password, you can refer to this article: Edit your closed books. This also contains steps on how to check if there are changes made after you close your books.
Please know that you're always welcome to post if you have any other concerns. Wishing you and your business continued success.