You may get the following unrecoverable errors when importing Accountant's Changes into a client's company file:
Unrecoverable Error 00000 16133Unrecoverable Error 00000 41953Unrecoverable Error 00000 42394Unrecoverable Error 00000 43109Unrecoverable Error 00000 16440Unrecoverable Error 00000 42045Unrecoverable Error 00000 40592Unrecoverable Error 00000 41897Unrecoverable Error 00000 42127Unrecoverable Error 00000 31901Unrecoverable Error 00000 41765Unrecoverable Error 00000 95431Unrecoverable Error 00000 37760Unrecoverable Error 00000 31609
The QuickBooks accountant's changes import process can recover on its own from most of these errors and finish the import. When the import finishes, QuickBooks Desktop will display a message and a report that details which changes could not be imported and the possible reasons why. The unapplied changes may then be manually entered into the client's company file.
Solution 1: Continue through import process
- Choose the Send button on the error message window each time it appears.
- Select OK to resume importing of changes.
- A list will appear if there are changes that have not been incorporated in the client's file. Manually enter these changes.
Solution 2: Verify data and re-create change file
- Run the Verify and Rebuild Data in QuickBooks on the client's file (after restoring a recent backup or the backup created when importing the Accountant's Changes).
- Update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release.
- Recreate the change file in the Accountant's copy in QuickBooks Desktop: Overview.
Solution 3: Abandon Changes
- Remove the accountant's copy restriction in the Client File.
- Resolve data damage issues (basic troubleshooting).
- Create an accountant's copy to recreate changes.