Learn about the system requirements for QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 19.0.
To get the best experience in QuickBooks Desktop Point of sale 19.0, here’s some info about the operating system, hardware, software, and other requirements to run QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 19.0.
Note: Need to check your computer's specs? Here's how to get your system info for Windows.
- Windows 10, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed.
- Windows 8.1 (Update 1) all editions including 64-bit, natively installed.
- Windows Server 2016.
- Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Windows Server 2011 SP1.
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 and SP2 .
Tablet operating systems
- Windows 10
- 1 GB of disk space (you’ll need extra space for data files).
- Display: Optimized for 1280×768 screen resolution or higher.
- 4X DVD ROM drive required for DVD installations.
Single user requirements
- At least 4GB of RAM (6-8 GB recommended) for a single workstation installation.
- 2.0 GHz processor (2.8 GHz recommended).
- 8 GB of RAM is best for performance on the Point of Sale server workstation.
- 2.8 GHz processor (3.5 GHz recommended).
- In a multi-user configuration, each workstation running Point of Sale must have a separate user license, and every copy of Point of Sale must be the same version and level.
Data import/export and Microsoft Office integration requirements
- Microsoft Office 2010, 2013, 2016, or Office 365.
- QuickBooks Desktop Compatibility (sold separately).
- Intuit QuickBooks Pro or Premier 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020.
QuickBooks Payment account (sold separately)
- Optional fee-based service, additional terms and conditions apply.
- Requires a QuickBooks Payments account. Application approval and fees apply.
- PIN Pad required for credit and debit transactions, sold separately.
- Internet connection required.
Security software (sold separately)
QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 19.0 has been tested with the following software:
- McAfee Internet Security Suite
- Symantec Norton® Internet Security Suite
Note: Some configurations may require that you adjust settings in firewall and antivirus products to ensure the best possible performance with QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 19.0.
Webgility integration (sold separately)
Here’s a list of recommended system requirements. If you are installing both Webgility and QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 19.0 on the same machine, make sure that it meets both sets of system requirements.
System configuration notes
Disk space requirements don’t include company data files. If your company data file is large or includes item pictures you may need more disk space.
To run several applications at the same time, your system should have a multi-core processor and at least 4GB of RAM. Point of Sale will run on both 32-bit and 64-bit processors running Windows. However, not all hardware devices will install and operate on 64-bit operating systems. It’s best to contact the device manufacturers for more information about installing their hardware devices on 64-bit operating systems.