While restoring a backup, you may see one of these errors:
Restore Failed. This is an Invalid Format of a Post QuickBooks 2007 Backup File
Error: Restore failed. Can't remove log file
The file name may also display as *.qbw when attempting to save the restored file.
These errors may occur when:
- The company file name includes special characters.
- The backup was restored over an existing company file.
- The backup was restored from a USB flash drive to a network drive (Error -6189, -816).
- The backup was made in a newer version.Example: Backup was created in QuickBooks 2018 but you are restoring it in QuickBooks 2017.
- The file you are trying to restore isn't an actual backup file.
- The company file is damaged.
To fix the problem, try one of the following solutions. For best results, perform the solutions in the order shown.
|Before proceeding with these steps, make sure the file you are trying to restore is an actual backup file. A backup should be no less than 6MB (6MB = 6,000KB). If it is less than that, there is a good chance that it is not a true backup file and you will need to create a new backup from the working file.
To check the file size, right click the file and select Properties.
If none of these solutions work, try to restore a different copy of your backup file.