You are setting up an account for Bank Feeds and you see this message:
An unexpected error occurred. The branding and profile servers could not be accessed. Click Cancel to discontinue setup and then retry setting up the account for online services again. Error message number: [OLSU-1011] If the problem persists, call QuickBooks Support and provide the error message number above.
This may happen if:
- The Financial Institution Directory (FIDIR) is not updated to include information for your financial institution.
- There's possible damage in your company data file.
- You're in Register or Classic mode instead of Side-by-Side or Express mode.
Intuit recommends more than one solution for this issue. The first solution may solve your problem or you may need to try all to resolve the issue. For best results, perform the solutions in the order shown.
Solution 1: Specify the default accounts for your personal and company preferences
- Log into the company file as Admin and switch to single user mode.
- From the Edit menu, go to Preferences and select Checking.
- Click the My Preferences tab and select default accounts for all four options.
- Click the Company Preferences tab and select default accounts for the two options: Create Paychecks and Pay Payroll Liabilities
- Click OK.
- Try to set up the account again for online banking.
Solution 2: Update your Financial Institutions directory
Solution 3: Switch to Express mode
If the error persists, follow additional troubleshooting steps in Fix OL and OLSU Bank Feed Errors In QuickBooks Desktop.