Learn how to delete your data in QuickBooks Self-Employed.
You can remove all your data in QuickBooks Self Employed so you can have a clean start at any time.
|Important: Deleting an account permanently removes all data associated with it. This includes all transactions and any special calculations such as split percentages. You CAN’T undo this action.|
Delete all your data from a web browser
Delete imported CSV files
- Go to the Gear icon and select Imports.
- Select the bank name with imported .CSV files.
- When you see the list of imported files, select the trash icon to delete all the transactions imported with that file.
Delete data from connected accounts
- Go to the Gear icon and select Bank Accounts.
- Find the account you want to delete, then select the trash icon at the top right.
- Enter “DELETE”, then select Delete to confirm.
Delete all your data from the iOS app
- Select the profile icon, then Settings.
- Select Bank Accounts, then choose the bank connection you want to delete.
- Select Delete Bank at the bottom of the bank details. You’ll receive a prompt to confirm.
Delete all your data from the Android app
- From the menu ☰, select Settings, then Bank Accounts.
- Select the three dots icon next to the bank connection you want to delete.
- Select Delete Bank, then Delete to confirm.
After you delete your accounts, you may still see non-zero numbers in the app. These are leftover projection numbers. If you decide to reconnect your accounts, these numbers will update automatically.