Learn answers to frequently asked questions about the QuickBooks Online price increase.
Why are we increasing prices?
As your small business evolves, we want QuickBooks to evolve with you.
QuickBooks helps small business owners like you save over $3,500 in tax savings annually1, and over 40 hours a month2 on average.
We're constantly finding new ways to make sure that your product meets your needs, based on your feedback. Price increases help us reinvest in improving the features you already have and introducing new tools that let you do more in less time. Plus, you can now connect more than 650 apps to QuickBooks, so you have more ways to increase its capabilities.
To learn more about our innovations, visit our QuickBooks Blog.
What's new in QuickBooks?
Here are just a few of the recent updates we've launched:
- Track labor costs by project3: You can now easily see payroll and time costs in your projects to understand their true profitability.
- Direct Bank Feeds4: We made connecting to your bank more reliable5, so you can keep your transactions updated - automatically.
- Sales Tax: Keep track of your taxable and non-taxable sales by agency with the new sales tax liability report.
- Coming Soon to QuickBooks Mobile6: Capture and automatically match your receipts to expenses and much more.7
When does the new pricing go into effect?
For new customers, the new market price goes into effect on May 6, 2019. For existing customers, updates to billing plans will take place as early as your first payment due on or after July 1, 2019.
I recently upgraded my subscription. Will I get the new pricing?
Yes, the new pricing will take effect as early as July 1, 2019 for existing customers.8
Will there be another price increase?
Price increases are tied to future product enhancements and not to a calendar schedule. We know that planning ahead is important for your business. We will continue to update you by email before we make any changes to your product’s pricing.
I receive a message about usage limits, can you tell me more about these?
Starting April 18th and rolling out over 2019, usage limits will apply to QuickBooks Online Simple Start, Essentials, Plus, and Advanced plans in the US.
How can I check my billing details?
Here’s how you can view your current billing details:
- Sign in to your QuickBooks Online account.
- Go to the Gear icon at the top.
- Select Account and setting, then Billing & subscription.