This error message is returned due to a damaged QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale security certificate in QuickBooks Desktop or a problem with the computer system.
Note: Perform the solutions below according to the order shown.
Solution 1: Refresh the connection between Point of Sale and QuickBooks Desktop
- From the Edit menu in your QuickBooks Desktop Financial Software, select Preferences.
- Select the Integrated Applications preference and select Company Preferences.
- Select QuickBooks Point of Sale and select Remove. Repeat for all instances if QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale is listed multiple times.
- Select OK.
- Open Point of Sale again.
In this solution, we removed the connection between Point of Sale and QuickBooks Desktop to refresh the link between the two software. This may result to you not being able to perform Financial Exchange.
Integrate QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale with QuickBooks Desktop again
- Close all other dialogue boxes in QuickBooks Desktop prior to opening Point of Sale.
- From the File menu in Point of Sale, go to Preferences > Company.
- Select Financial.
- Uncheck the box for Use with QuickBooks Financial Software.
- Select Save.
- From the Financial menu, go to Financial Center.
- Under Summary, select Set Up QuickBooks Connection Now.
- Follow the prompt on the QuickBooks Connection Wizard.
- Run a financial exchange.
Solution 2: Run the POS Connectivity Tool
Download and use QuickBooks Point of Sale Connectivity Tool to determine issues with your network and connectivity.