The cash flow chart uses historical data from your bank and debit card accounts connected to QuickBooks Online. This includes categorized and uncategorized transactions. If you manually upload transactions from a CSV, the chart only includes transactions tied to your connected bank and credit.
The chart doesn’t include journal entries.
The chart doesn’t include:
- Credit card transactions
- Transactions you've entered manually into QuickBooks
- Multicurrency transactions
Note: If you disconnect an account, the data won't appear on the chart anymore.
If you see Cash Flow on your menu
If you see the Cash Flow menu, your cash flow chart also includes future cash flow. This is only available for certain users.
The chart gives you a peek into your past, present, and future cash flow. It helps you build a forecast of the money coming in and going out of your business for the next 1 to 3 months.
The cash flow chart calculates future cash flow based on:
- Unpaid invoices, bills, and other forms in QuickBooks that are due in the future
- Credit card statements due in the future and bill payment transactions downloaded from accounts connected to online banking
- Predictions made by the Cash Flow planner
- Events you entered into your Cash Flow planner