The mapping from chase QBO downloads are going into Name not memo.
I opened the qbo file with excell and see the issue clearly. Is this something that chase has to fix? I was on the phone with them and they are not helpful.
<NAME>Online Transfer to CHK ...XXXX t
In quickbooks desktop it becomes -
Download payee name = Online Transfer to CHK ... XXXX t
Memo: ransaction#: XXXXXXXXXX
(I replaced the information with X's)
The memo gets added to the transaction, the payee name does not, as it gets replaced with the payee name you have in quickbooks .
Right now when I download the transaction and only have half the information in the memo (second half) it makes the whole quickconnect useless, as I have no record of what was on the bank transaction.
I have attached a few immages. The way it should be is the same data I think should be on both the name and the memo
This is an interesting discovery, MBG7. Thank you for sharing what you've found out here.
At the moment, I haven't seen a report related to your concern, so I'd suggest getting in touch with our phone support. That way, they can gather more data on this and can do tests in your company file. This will be useful for our engineers specially when they partner with your bank for a solution.
Here’s their office schedule: 5AM-7PM (PST) Mon-Fri, 6AM-3PM (PST) Sat.
Here's how to get their number:
If you have other questions, you can always get in touch with us here.
Allow me to step in for a moment, MBG7.
I've got some details to share about the WebConnect mapping for QuickBooks Desktop.
The Payee name for bank transactions has a limit for up 32 characters only. The remaining Payee information will appear in the Memo field. Since QuickBooks is unable to auto-match payee information appearing in the Memo field, you'll have to manually match it.
For further guidance, you can check out this article: Troubleshoot Bank Feeds WebConnect import issues and errors.
This should point you in the right direction. Please let me know how it goes. I'm always glad to help.
Thanks for joining this thread, @yashree98.
Allow me to step in and provide some update about the WebConnect mapping in QuickBooks.
I've checked my resources to verify if there's an on-going issue about the WebConnect mapping, but we have no reports of any. If you've already performed the recommended troubleshooting steps provided by my colleague JaneD and the problem persists, I encourage you to contact our QuickBooks Desktop Support Team. They have additional tools to do a remote session and investigate this further.
Here's how to contact our customer support:
For future reference, you may check this article: Import web connect (.qbo) files.
Please know that you're always welcome to post if you have any other questions about the WebConnect. Have a good one.