Learn about Check 21 and how it affects your business.
The Check 21 Act allows banks to exchange digital versions of checks instead of the actual paper checks. To know more, see Check 21.
This has a set image standards for checks. As the standards develop, so are the checks we offer.
Are my wallet checks compatible with Check 21?
Here’s how to find out if your checks are compatible with Check 21.
- This only applies to checks purchased from Intuit. For non-Intuit checks, verify with your check provider.
- The address field on Check 21 compatible wallet checks are no more than three lines. If you need to use addresses on printed checks that are more than three lines, see the checks we offer.
- Look at your wallet checks.
- Find the gray text between the stub and the check. The text is printed vertically and includes a year, INTUIT INC. (For example, 2005 INTUIT INC. #XXX 1-800-433-8810).
- Locate the 3 digit number within the text. Intuit's Check 21 image-compatible wallet checks use the following numbers: #808 #828 #848 #868 #888.
- If you’re using checks with these numbers, select the Check 21 image-compatible checkbox.
- If you’re using a traditional wallet check, uncheck the Check 21 image-compatible checkbox.
My checks aren’t compatible with Check 21
We recommend that you upgrade QuickBooks and see the checks we offer.