I can share some information regarding deleting a bank account in QuickBooks Online, lesterhoch.
If you're trying to remove a bank that's connected to online banking, you'll need to disconnect the account first before deleting it. Here's how:
- Click Banking, and then select the Banking sub-tab.
- Select the account you want to delete, and then click its Edit icon, then Edit account info.
- In the Account window, select Disconnect this account on save.
- Click on Save and Close.
After that, let's delete the bank account. You can follow the steps below.
- Click the Gear icon ⚙ at the upper right corner and choose Chart of Accounts.
- Find the account you want to remove.
- Select the drop-down arrow ▼ in the ACTION column. Then select Make inactive.
However, if it's not connected to online banking, you can simply follow deleting process above.
QuickBooks Online won't completely delete an account to ensure that your transactions are intact. Whenever you need the inactive account for your reference in the future, you can simply restore it.
To help you manage your banks in QuickBooks Online, check this out: Manage default and special accounts in your chart of accounts. This will provide you details on what are the accounts that can't be deleted as well as the steps on how to merge them in QuickBooks.
Feel free to post again if you have further questions about removing a bank or anything in QuickBooks Online. I’m always here to answer them for you and make sure you're taken care of. Have a good one.