Connect with and learn from others in the QuickBooks Community.
Hi there, rich6.
Welcome to the Community. You've come to the right place for assistance with QuickBooks. I can show you how to filter only 2018 transactions.
There are just a few steps to filter your banking transactions to only show activity for this year. Here's how:
1. Click Banking in the left navigation bar.
2. Make sure the account you need to work in is highlighted blue at the top of the page.
3. Select the blue link labeled Go to Register.
4. Above Date, in the top corner of the page, choose the small gray filter icon.
5. Click the drop-down arrow for Date, and select This year.
6. Choose Apply.
The bank register will now only show transactions for 2018. It may also be beneficial to complete a year-end reconciliation. This article offers more details about the process: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/QuickBooks-Online-Year-End/Reconcile-for-year-end/ta-p/19968....
Additionally, you may consider closing the books. Closing books finalizes transactions for the fiscal year. This link will take you to a write-up that covers info on this task in QuickBooks: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Reports-and-accounting/How-to-close-the-books/m-p/186384.
Keep up the great work. Feel free to comment below if you have any other questions.