QuickBooks Online can only download worth of 90 days bank transactions. However, you can import your Quarter 1 transactions manually using Webconnect.
If you need anything else, please let me know. I'm here to help/.
I understand that QB can only download 90 days of transactions. The problem I have is that I am uploading a CSV file that has a whole year of transactions but QB will not accept anything from the first quarter of 2018. In fact it wont let me upload anything before April 9th 2018. Is there a reason for this?
Allow me to join the conversation. I want to ensure you’re able to upload all of your transactions using a CSV file in QuickBooks Online.
You can try creating a new separate file for your Quarter 1 transactions and make sure that it uses either the 3-column or 4-column format. Then, import the data once more in QuickBooks.
Make sure the CSV file doesn’t break any of the following restrictions:
• Special characters are not allowed.
• Zeros (0) are not allowed anywhere in the file.
• Correct any transactions that display an amount in the Description column.
• Remove the word amount if it appears in the name of the Credit or Debit column.
• Correct and standardize the Date format to a single format (for example, dd/mm/yy).
• Some banks provide the day of the week and include it in the Date column. Split the date and the day if the week in two separate columns.
For additional reference, you may check out these articles:
• How to import bank transactions using Excel CSV files.
• How to upload more than 90 days if bank transactions.
• FAQs about importing data to QuickBooks Online.
Give this a try and let me know how it goes by leaving a comment below. I’m always available here for all of your QuickBooks needs. Thanks for dropping by, I’ll keep an eye out for your response.
Hi - I followed that processes exactly and quickbooks is able to recognize all the transactions up to 4/9/2018. However, it refuses to show any trasactions before that even though there are in the file. I even downloaded a CSV file for just 1/1/18 to 4/9/18 and QB acted like there were no transactions in it - which was weird.
Anyway, I tried downloading a QFX file instead and it accepted all the transactions so problem solved. If anyone else has this problem, just try a different file type.
Thanks everyone for the help!
It's nice to see you again here in the Community, @mcsupe.
I appreciate you following the process on the Help article provided by my colleague and for sharing the other steps you've done to get this working. Information like this will definitely help other users who were having the same issue.
Thanks for being a part of our QuickBooks family. Should you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to post again or leave a comment on this thread. Have a great rest of the day!