Connect with and learn from others in the QuickBooks Community.
Welcome to the Community. I'd be glad to help you remove 2018 bank transactions.
When bank activity is downloaded, it's placed in the For Review section of the Banking page. There are just a few steps to remove the 2018 data. Here's how:
1. Click the Banking tab in the left navigation bar.
2. Make sure the correct account is highlighted blue at the top of the page.
3. Locate the unwanted transactions under For Review, and place a check in the box to the left.
4. Select the Batch actions button, and choose Exclude Selected.
The transactions will then be moved to the Excluded tab. You can now continue working in the For Review section, to add and match 2019 activity.
This article offers some helpful pointers on adding and matching bank transactions: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1773491-how-to-add-and-match-downloaded-banking-transactions.
If the 2018 items have been added to the register already, here's how you can remove them:
1. Select the Banking tab.
2. Choose the correct account at the top of the page.
3. Click the Go to Register link above Action on the right.
4. Click on the transaction you'd like to remove and select Delete.
5. You'll be asked if you're sure, choose Yes to continue.
With this information, you'll be able to remove downloaded bank transactions for 2018 and get back to business. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
You have clicked a link to a site outside of the QuickBooks Community. By clicking "Continue", you will leave the Community and be taken to that site instead.