Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

I want to unreconcile my account and start over

I have four years of information
1 Comment 1
QuickBooks Team

I want to unreconcile my account and start over

Hi @1youthwithoutlim,

I'd recommend inviting your accountant to undo the reconciled period.


Here's how:

  1. Go to the Gear icon.
  2. Select Manage Users.
  3. Select the Accounting firms tab.
  4. Enter your accountant's email and click Invite.

Once your accountant accepted the invitation, he/she can start to undo your reconciliation


Let me show you how to undo reconciliation in the Quickbooks Online Accountant(QBOA) version.

  1. Once logged in to QBOA, select your client's company. 
  2. Go to Accounting, and choose Reconcile.
  3. Click History by account from the upper right corner.
  4. Select an account and date range from the drop-down menus.
  5. Click the drop-down arrow in the Action column, and then choose Undo.


For more helpful reconciliation topics, feel free to read this article: Learn the reconcile workflow in QuickBooks.


Let me know if you need anything else. Stay inside and stay safe, @1youthwithoutlim.

Sign in for the best experience
Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of QuickBooks users.
Sign In / Sign Up

Need to get in touch?

Contact us