I am having issues getting paypal linked to my intuit online account. I have all my regular banks and cards good to go. When attempting paypal i get the following error:
" We couldn't connect to PayPal at this time A connection already exists for PayPal merchant (G976A67ETHGCA)"
I have tried:
- Using a different computer browser.
- Using the phone app. - Calling QBOnline support (she stated my old QBOnline account that I mentioned from 2017 may be blocking it since paypal was linked to that one, she directed me to merchant services to unlink it)
- Merchant Services, unlinked my old account from its merchant services.
- tried again, still getting the same error.
- waiting 15 minutes, tried again, same error.
I have read through multiple fixes on here and google, but they have not worked. during the connecting process everything works fine, and says it is connected.
If i click "return to intuit" after setup it sends me back to QBO and gives me the error, when closed out, paypal bank account is not linked/listed.
If I retry setup and click "continue to paypal to setup your business" it takes me to paypal and behaves like I do not already have a paypal business account set up, even though it is already logged in.
Thanks for letting me know about the steps you've taken to resolve this. It can help me identify which other resolutions to test out. I'll be your guide through ensuring your PayPal account will be connected to QuickBooks Online.
The troubleshooting you've performed can generally fix the inability to connect Paypal into the program. Since none of them work, I'd recommend giving us a quick call. Our dedicated team can securely access your account and has the necessary tools to double-check what's causing this to happen.
You can also copy the link of our thread in the address bar above and give it to the specialists. This way, there isn't a need to re-explain the situation.
Our most-up-to-date contact details can be found here: