I'll make sure that your QuickBooks balance will be corrected, lvmroofingservic. I know how important it's to have a correct balance.
Yes, there's a way to change the starting balance manually in QuickBooks Online (QBO). And I'm happy to outline the detailed steps for you.
This usually happens if you entered an incorrect starting or opening balance when you first created it in QuickBooks. To fix this, please follow the steps below:
- In the Accounting tab, select Chart of Accounts.
- Search your credit card account and click View registers in the Action column.
- Locate the earliest deposit posted noted as Opening Balance.
- Click to open the transaction and select Edit.
- On the Bank Deposit window, change your opening balance amount based on the credit card statement.
- Hit Save when done.
For more information, see this link: Edit an incorrect opening balance.
Once everything is good, you may now reconcile your account in QuickBooks. This way, your reports and books will stay accurate at all times. Also, you can always review your work by running the Reconciliation report.
Further, check out these articles below on how to fix some reconciliation issues and manage your chart of accounts:
Remember that you can always ask me about any topics or other processes within QuickBooks. We're open 24/7 to assist you. Please stay healthy and safe, lvmroofingservic.