What is the best way to record bills from suppliers and match later payments that show as debit card transactions in my bank account?
Hi there, userhello9.
It's nice to see you posting here in QuickBooks Community. I'll share information and steps so you're able to match the entries correctly.
The best way to record the bills from suppliers is by going to the Bill page and entering the necessary details. Then, match the payments that show as debit card transactions in your bank account by going to For Review tab and click the Match option. With this, QuickBooks will automatically match your transactions once it detects entries with similar amounts and details.
However, you'll have the option to ignore the match transactions that show from For Review tab. This way, you're able to stop those incorrectly matched by the system. That being said, I suggest using the find match option since the system is asking to agree to incorrect choices. This way, you can look for the same transactions to match the right one to avoid double entries.
1. Click the Banking menu at the left pane to get to the Banking page.
2. Locate the downloaded transaction that shows the match in the For Review tab. Then, click it to expand the page.
3. Select Find other records to open the Match transactions window.
4. Choose the box to uncheck the recommended match.
5. Enter the correct date range in the From and To fields.
6. Choose the correct match and make sure the total matches the transaction downloaded from your bank.
Please refer to this article to see steps on how you can reconcile your accounts so they always match your bank and credit card statements to avoid discrepancies: Reconcile an account in QuickBooks Online.
Please know that you're always welcome to post if you have any other concerns. Wishing you and your business continued success.