With Advanced Inventory, you can use barcodes to make data entry faster and easier. After you assign barcodes to items, you can scan barcodes whenever you buy or sell those items. You can also scan barcodes to adjust the quantity of items on hand.
- Choose Edit > Preferences.
- On the left of the Edit Preferences window, select Items & Inventory.
- In the right pane, select the Company Preferences tab.
- Select Advanced Inventory Settings > Barcodes tab.
- Select the Enable barcode scanning checkbox, then OK.
- In the Edit Preferences window, select OK.
Barcode scanning is now turned on in your company file, but you need to do some additional setup by selecting the Barcode Wizard before using the feature.