Learn how to install the driver for an mPOP printer and cash drawer for QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 19.0.
A driver is used to create a software connection between your Point of Sale and the mPOP printer and cash drawer, so they can communicate back and forth. Once the driver is installed, you can set up the mPOP printer and cash drawer. Here’s what to do.
How to install the mPOP driver
- On your PC, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 19.0\Drivers\StarTSP143_mPOP\Setup.exe.
- Select Next.
- After you read the end-user license agreement, select the I accept the terms in the License Agreement checkbox, then select Next.
- Select Typical for your set up type, then select Next.
- Select Install, then when the driver install finishes, select Finish.
How to confirm your mPOP driver install
- On your PC, go to the Control Panel.
- Select Programs and Features, then search for Star Micronics Printer Software for mCollection Ver2.2.
If you see the driver listed, you can set up the mPOP printer and cash drawer.