Learn how to delete or hide your bank accounts.
If you don't want to see transactions from a particular bank account anymore, you can hide the account. Hiding a bank account keeps all the data in QuickBooks and cuts down the clutter. It won't show up until you make it active again. You can also delete the account completely to get rid of your data.
We'll show you how to delete and hide accounts so you can clean up your accounts the way you want.
|Note: Hiding an account hides transactions from the account. To include transactions and keep the account hidden, manually create transactions or import a CSV file.|
Hide a bank account
- Got to Settings ⚙ and then Bank Accounts.
- Find the account you want to hide.
- In the Show Account section, select the toggle to OFF.
This hides your account and related transactions. All of your data is still there, but you won't see the transactions anymore. If you want to make it active, repeat the steps and select the toggle to ON.
- Select the Bank Accounts menu.
- Tap the bank account you want to hide.
- Tap and check the box to hide the account.
Delete a bank account
Keep in mind, if you delete an account, your data gone forever. Hiding your bank account may be a better option.
- Go to Settings ⚙ and select Bank Accounts.
- Select the account you want to delete.
- Select the Trash can icon.
- Type "Delete" to confirm.
- When you're ready, select Delete to permanently delete the account.
This removes everything, including your transactions. It includes any special calculations such as split percentages as well as any CSV files imported to that account (as opposed to the default Cash account created with a Manual transaction).
If you absolutely need to recover this data, reach out to our support team.