Learn how to connect your Salesforce account and import opportunities.
In QuickBooks Online Advanced, you can automatically download Salesforce opportunities as estimates, invoices, or sales receipts.
Use the Salesforce Connector by QuickBooks app to connect your accounts. QuickBooks will start automatically downloading closed opportunities in Salesforce and create draft sales forms. All you have to do is approve the drafts to add them to QuickBooks. This speeds up the sales cycle and keeps all of your info organized. Here's how to set everything up and get opportunities into QuickBooks.
Step 1: Connect Salesforce to QuickBooks
You need to be an admin user in QuickBooks and Salesforce to complete the connection.
- Sign in to QuickBooks Online Advanced as an admin.
- Go to the Apps menu.
- Search for the Salesforce Connector by QuickBooks app and select Get app now.
- Follow the onscreen steps to subscribe.
- Select when you want QuickBooks to start downloading Salesforce opportunities. Then select Agree.
- In the Salesforce sign-in window, sign in as an admin. Then select Allow to connect.
Step 2: Decide how opportunities appear in QuickBooks
During setup, choose if you want new Salesforce opportunities to come in as invoices, estimates, or sales receipts. Whenever QuickBooks downloads a new opportunity, it creates a draft of the sales form you pick using the info on the opportunity.
You can change the sales form type anytime for future opportunities:
- Go to the Salesforce menu.
- In the Customize section, select Import settings.
- Select a transaction type from the dropdown.
- Select Save.
Step 3: Add Salesforce products and services to QuickBooks
QuickBooks tries to match your existing products and service items in QuickBooks with the info on Salesforce opportunities. If you haven't already, add your Salesforce product and service items to QuickBooks. You can also use your existing items instead of creating unique ones for Salesforce.
Important: You need to add the products and services before you can save the draft sales forms.
Step 4: Map Salesforce info to custom fields on QuickBooks sales forms
Do you want the opportunity owner, name, and type to show up in QuickBooks? You can use text-based custom fields on sales forms to capture this data. You can update the fields at any time - it won't affect approved or saved opportunities:
- In QuickBooks Online Advanced, go to the Salesforce menu.
- In the Customize section, select Field Name Settings.
- Review the fields in the Salesforce column.
- In the QuickBooks field ▼ dropdowns, select the custom fields you want the info to go into. You can also create new custom fields specifically to capture this data.
- When you're done, select Save.
Tip: The fields don't need to match exactly. For example, if you already have a sales rep field in QuickBooks, you can map the opportunity owner name to it.
Step 5: Get opportunities into QuickBooks
Now you're ready to bring opportunities into QuickBooks. Every time you mark an opportunity as Closed Won in Salesforce, it sends the opportunity over to QuickBooks. QuickBooks automatically creates a draft sales form from it. To review the drafts:
- Go to the Tasks menu. Or, go to the Salesforce menu and select View tasks.
- Review the opportunities on the Outstanding list.
- Select the ▼ dropdown and then Edit details to see more info.
Important: Opportunities with exclamation marks need to be reviewed. This means a product or service from Salesforce isn't matched to one in QuickBooks.
- Make edits as needed. To review the original opportunity, select the Salesforce opportunity link at the top.
- When you're ready, select Save.
When you save the draft, QuickBooks converts it to a regular sales form. Treat them like any other sales form.
You can also make the data from QuickBooks visible in Salesforce.
- Open Salesforce.
- Follow the steps to edit your Opportunity layout.
- In the Opportunity layout section, select Fields.
This lets you add or remove fields from your default Opportunity layout:
- Drag the invoice status, amount, ID, or invoice number fields onto the Opportunity layout.
- Arrange the fields.
- When you're done, select Save.