Learn how to connect your Salesforce account and import your opportunities.
Get your Salesforce opportunities into QuickBooks Online Advanced and convert them to invoices.
Once you connect your account, QuickBooks automatically downloads your closed Salesforce opportunities. Then it creates draft invoices from the data on the opportunities. QuickBooks won't add these draft invoices to your books until you review and approve them. This speeds up your sales cycle and keeps all your financial data in one place.
This feature is currently available for Salesforce Enterprise edition. If you have questions or feedback, please reach out to us: SalesForceBetaSupport@intuit.com
Step 1: Connect Salesforce to QuickBooks
- Sign in to QuickBooks Online Advanced as an admin.
- Go to the Salesforce menu.
- Select Get started and follow the onscreen steps.
- Select a date for QuickBooks to start downloading opportunities. Then select Agree.
- In the sign-in window, sign in to Salesforce as an admin. Then select Allow to connect.
|Note: If you sign in with a Salesforce admin account, QuickBooks can import closed opportunities from any of your Salesforce users.
You can also sign in as a non-admin. However, you'll get opportunities created by your non-admin account.
The sync is one way, from Salesforce to QuickBooks. You currently can't decide what data QuickBooks downloads from Salesforce.
Step 2: Add your Salesforce products and services to QuickBooks
QuickBooks uses the info on opportunities to create draft invoices. It tries to match the info with your existing product and service items in QuickBooks.
If you haven't already, add your Salesforce product and service items to QuickBooks.
You can also wait to add them when you review your opportunities. You'll need to add them before you can convert the opportunity into an invoice.
Step 3: Get opportunities into QuickBooks
After you mark an opportunity as "Closed Won" in Salesforce, it's ready for QuickBooks. QuickBooks checks for and downloads marked opportunities every 15 minutes.
When you see an opportunity in QuickBooks, it's already a draft invoice. To review the draft invoices:
- Go to the Tasks menu. Or, go to the Salesforce menu and select View.
- Review each opportunity on the Outstanding list.
- Select the ▼ dropdown and then Edit details to see more details for an opportunity. If you simply want to approve the draft invoice, select Save as invoice.
Note: Opportunities with exclamation marks need to be reviewed. This means there's a Salesforce product or service item that isn't in QuickBooks. See what to do in "Step 2: Add your Salesforce products and services to QuickBooks" Opportunities without exclamation marks just need your approval.
- Make edits as needed. If you want to review the original opportunity, select the Salesforce opportunity link at the top. This opens Salesforce in a new window.
- When you're ready to save, select Save or Save and send if it's ready to go.
Once you approve them, QuickBooks converts the drafts into regular invoices. Treat them just like any other invoice and send them to your customers. QuickBooks also emails your Salesforce admin to notify them.