Learn how to create and review tasks in QuickBooks Online Advanced. This feature is currently in beta.
In QuickBooks Online Advanced, you can add tasks so your team always knows what work needs to get done and when. Some features, like invoice approval workflows and the Salesforce Connector app, automatically create and assign tasks. You can create custom tasks for anything, even related work outside of QuickBooks.
Review open tasks
All tasks appear in the Task menu so your team can manage everything in one place. Each time a feature or workflow creates a task, it shows up here. Or if a team member creates an invoice that needs approval, QuickBooks adds a note for the reviewer in the Task menu.
To review open tasks, go to the Tasks menu. You'll see what needs to be done and who owns each task.
- For invoice approval tasks, the reviewer can select the invoice to get more details. Then select Approve or Deny.
- For custom tasks, the task owner just needs to follow whatever steps you put in the note. When they finish the task, select the vertical ellipses and then Mark as complete.
Tip: You can also select the dropdowns above the list to filter it and see completed tasks.
Create a custom task
Create tasks for anything: reminders to call a customer or notes to help your team follow up with a sale.
- Go to the Tasks menu.
- Select Add task.
- Enter a title and set the due date.
- In the Assigned dropdown, select the task owner. Note: The user needs to have admin access.
- In the Notes field, enter a description. These are the instructions for the task.
- Then select Save.
After you create the task, QuickBooks emails a notification to the task owner.