After making an e-payment using an active QuckBooks Desktop Payroll subscription to E-Pay, a liability may still show as being owed in the Pay Scheduled Liabilities window. This can be caused by:
- The e-payment liability check not posting to your register
- Restoring a backup that was created prior to making the e-payment
- Voiding an e-payment after it has already been transmitted to Intuit
Recreate the missing e-payment as a liability check:
- Create the liability check by setting up a custom (unscheduled) liability payment.
- After clicking View/Pay, select Check instead of E-payment so that the payment is recorded in QuickBooks Desktop and is not e-paid a second time.
- Clear the To be printed checkbox.
- Add a note to the No. field at the top of the check that this is an e-payment.