When attempting to add a payment in the Record Merchant Service Deposits window within QuickBooks Desktop, the following error is returned:
"Creating a customer to apply payments has caused an error. If you see this message for more than 24 hours, please contact customer support at 1-800-558-9558."
We have release updates that will mitigate this error from occurring in QuickBooks 2017 & 2018 with the most current update to your software.
If you're on QuickBooks 2017 release patch 7 or QuickBooks 2018 release patch 3 and tried the workaround below and still receive this error, please contact support at 1-800-558-9558.
Attempt to access the customer list and add the online payments
- In QuickBooks, open the Banking menu.
- Select Make Merchant Service Deposit.
- Once loaded, click the Add Online Payments tab.
- Click into the first Customer name field.
- Start typing the Cardholder name or the customers name as it is shown in the customer list (If not editable, skip to sign up).
- Select the correct name from the Dropdown (if the customer list does not populate, skip to sign up).
- Use the Select All checkbox and click the Add Selected Payments button.