Rewards are given to customer based upon their level of spending. In this article, understand customer rewards and how to set it up.
|Important: It is your responsibility to abide to any local, state, or federal laws regarding rewards and coupon issuance applicable to any situation.|
How rewards are reflected in my Quickbooks Desktop Financial?
Rewards earned are non-accounting event and in default, Point of Sale sends net sales amount to Quickbooks financial.
- From the Customers menu, go to Reward Manager.
- Under "Reward Program Status", select Turn Tracking ON.
- Select Yes to confirm.
- Under "Reward Setup", fill up the following:
- Purchase Threshold - The minimum amount a customer must purchase during a time period to earn a reward.
- Reward Amount - Reward that customer can receive either by percentage off or dollars off.
- Reward Expiration - Specifies for how long the rewards can be used.
- Purchase Tracking Period - Time period in which a sale needs to be made to qualify for a reward.Note: You can put a checkmark onfor No End date so rewards tracking will run for as long as you need to.
- Select Save. The Reward Setup Changed dialog box will appear with an overview of the rewards program.
- Select Finish.
Make customers eligible for Rewards:
- From the Customers menu, choose Customer List.
- Highlight the customer, then select Edit on the upper right.
- Under Rewards, put a check on the Rewards Member checkmark box.
- Click Save.
|Tip: You can export the Customer List to Excel and put Yes under Eligible for Rewards column. This way, you don't have to edit each customers, then import the Excel back to Point of Sale. Follow instructions in QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale: Import and Export overview.|
Check the box under Reward Options if you wish to:
- Enroll new customers to the Rewards Program automatically
- Prompt to enroll non-members when making a sale
- Inform cashier when sales rewards are earned (default)
Note: You can specify up to how many days your customer can redeem the reward after being earned.
How to track the Rewards Available and Rewards Redeemed?
- From the Reports menu, go to Customers, then choose Reward History.
Customer Reward is not reflecting on the account
- Customer is not enrolled to the Rewards Program
- Sale is outside the Purchase Tracking Period.
- Amount of sale doesn't meet the Purchase Threshold.
- Possible Customer List or Data File Damage.