When creating a backup of your QuickBooks Desktop company file, you receive the following error:
"QBWin Error: PVERIFY.c Employee YTD out of balance"
This error can be caused by the following:
- Tax adjustments on the Items to Send window double every time you open and close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Tax adjustments on the Items to Send window double every time you click Send Payroll Data.
- You receive message that you have paychecks to send, but the only thing in the Send Receive Payroll Data window is a tax adjustment.
- Employee's YTD amounts are 0 or decreasing on the pay stub
- A YTD out-of-balance error appears in the qbwin.log file.
You no longer receive this error.
You have an active QuickBooks Desktop payroll subscription.
To resolve the error:
Verify that you are receiving a YTD out-of-balance error:
- Run the verify utility. You have to run a verify data to determine if there is problem with data.
- If prompted to rebuild data, cancel that action, and retrieve the qbwin.log file.
- To verify that an error similar to the following appears in the log file, review the qbwin.log file:PVERIFY.c (528) : CHECKPOINT: Mon Apr 20 14:35:32 Verify Employee YTD Bal : ytd out of balance. Name = Tom Jones. Ref = 591.PVERIFY.c (528) : CHECKPOINT: Mon Apr 20 14:35:32 Verify Employee YTD Bal : ytd out of balance. Name = John Smith. Ref = 652.
- Important: If you have QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted and the qbwin.log shows other payroll errors besides the one described above, contact QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted Service before doing a rebuild of your data file.
Do the following:
- Make sure you are on the latest release of QuickBooks Desktop and the latest tax table update.
- Follow the Rebuild Data and final Verify Data processes in Verify and Rebuild Data in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Transmit payroll. (Omit this step for DIY)
- Run the verify utility, again, to make sure that the YTD error has not returned.
Note: Current release updates for QuickBooks Desktop can be downloaded to help prevent this error from continually occurring. The patches are currently available on the quickbooks.com web site.